HealthEast is seeking a full time BC/BE PM&R Physician to join our Neurosurgery team at St. Joseph's Hospital in St. Paul, Minnesota.
• Responsible for providing inpatient evaluation and determination of rehabilitation goals and plans.
• Provides physician leadership, direction, and oversight of inpatient rehabilitative services (PT, OT, SLP, and other specialties).
• Works in collaboration with partnering teams involved with the care of the patient, including pain, neurosurgery, neurology, spine, and other services as appropriate.
• Will also see patients 1 day per week in the Neurosurgery Clinic, which is connected by a skyway to the hospital.
• Outpatient rehabilitation services include an outpatient rehab clinic which coexists with Neurosurgery.
• Opportunity to develop an acute care rehab program. Will assist in the selection and expansion of a Physiatry department.
• Call is not required, and may develop over time as the department grows.
• Participates in leadership meetings to facilitate rehab program goals, including Neuroscience Council, Spine Council and Trauma Council.
• MD/DO or foreign equivalent
• Must be BE/BC Physiatry by the ABPMR
• Ability to obtain MN license and DEA
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience required, with 4-6 years of inpatient physical medicine and rehab experience preferred.
• Leadership experience or desire to grow into a leadership role is a plus
At HealthEast, patients are our neighbors and we are dedicated to their, and our, optimal health and well-being. We are guided by our faith-based heritage, a call to healing that respects the dignity and culture of every person. We empower our patients with user-friendly access to their health information, dependable service, and affordable, high-quality care.
We put new, more efficient models of care into practice, allowing our 7,500 employees and 850 physicians to focus on what’s important: providing compassionate health care that puts the patient and their needs first. HealthEast is an organization with 14 clinics, home care, a medical transportation center, and four hospitals — Bethesda Hospital, St. John’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, and Woodwinds Health Campus.
St. Paul is the capital and second-most populous city of Minnesota with a population of 300,000. It is built on the bluffs of the Mississippi River with top-ranked park systems, the best local food scene, hockey, history and breweries. Enjoy the Children’s Museum, Science Museum, State Capitol, Como Park, stately old mansions, unique shops and local artists.