HealthEast is seeking a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner to join our team and grow our newest and largest clinic in Maplewood, MN, which opened in October of 2017. The primary care group includes 2 Internal Medicine physicians, 2 Family Medicine physicians, 5 Pediatricians and 4 Certified Nurse Practitioners. Other services available at the clinic include allergy & asthma, audiology, anticoagulation, care guide coordination, diabetic education, endocrinology, general surgery, lab, medication therapy management, podiatry, rheumatology and digital x-ray.
The practice includes working in an outpatient clinic, rounding on babies at two hospitals, and conducting newborn follow ups for feeding (lactation) issues, hyperbilirubinemia, weight monitoring, and support of parents within 24-48 hours of discharge from the hospital, and some acute pediatric visits.
- Patient encounters average between 15 - 20 patients per day
- Clinic hours are 7:00am-7:00pm at the Maplewood Clinic, Monday - Friday; however, will include working every other Saturday in the clinic for newborn follow up issues as listed above.
- 32 patient contact hours/week
- A fully integrated electronic medical record (Epic) is utilized
- Full time or part time (at least a .8 FTE) opportunity available
- A competitive compensation and benefit package is provided that includes a sign on bonus, CME and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
- Provide full scope primary care for pediatric patients including diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up for patients in collaboration with a physician
- Evaluates, diagnoses and develops treatment plans. Consults with patients to examine, evaluate and educate within the scope of practice
- The CNP functions in the capacity of an Attending Provider in collaboration with a Physician. Responsible for primary health care of patients and promotion of wellness
- Orders diagnostic tests such as imaging, pathology and lab tests
- Ensures clinical excellence by ensuring quality, focusing on the patient experience, operational efficiency and clinical excellence
- Works collaboratively with assigned physicians to manage those physicians’ panel of patients
- Ensures assigned patients are properly and efficiently admitted and receive appropriate and responsive medical care according to their condition, symptoms and diagnosis
- Develops a plan of care in conjunctions with other primary and specialty physicians and interdisciplinary staff to ensure quality care of patients
- Communicates effectively with primary and specialist physicians
- Communicates with patients and families to explain diagnosis, procedures, expected diagnostic or therapeutic treatments, prognosis and/or recovery periods, and potential or expected outcomes; and to obtain informed consent
- Proactively communicates with other clinicians in order to affect a coordinated and timely transfer of information necessary to advance quality care and outcomes for outpatients
- Partners with physicians in overall patient care management to: develop protocols and guidelines to be used in patient care management
- Collect and document data
- Conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations; and provides direct patient care services
- Orders and interprets diagnostic studies
- Collaborates, consults and communicates with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare providers and staff throughout the continuum of care
- Participates in assigned work teams, co-management committees and HealthEast department meetings to develop programs, protocols and assist in the overall improvement of quality of care and operations
- Documents patients history and physical (H&P) exams, diagnosis, treatment, orders and clinical progress in the chart, in order to allow for complete collection of comorbidity and complication information for use by clinic medical records and coding staff
- Communicates with care team to clarify orders, follow-up on tests and answer patient, family and staff questions
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned